Microsoft has implemented and integrated a protection system that aims to prevent all suspicious applications from being able to make changes to all protected files. Here are the steps to follow to set up, activate and configure this new feature.
With Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, Microsoft now offers protection against ransomware, called “Controlled folder access device”. Its operating principle is quite simple: any suspicious application will be blocked by default for writing to a set of folders to protect. Thus, a ransomware that has managed to find its way to your system will not be able to secretly encrypt the files that are important to you.
To benefit from this function, you must search the Windows settings.
– Go to “Settings -> Update and Security -> Windows Defender” and open the “Windows Defender Security Center”.
– Then go to the “Virus and Threat Protection” section and click on “Virus and Threat Protection Settings”.
– You then come to a page with a multitude of options in which you must activate the famous “Controlled folder access device”.
Two types of settings are then possible.
– The first setting: the folders to protect. By default, Windows protects system folders and folders related to users: Desktop, Documents, Images, Music, etc. In most cases, this should be enough. Otherwise, it is possible to define others, by clicking on “Add a protected folder”.
– Second setting: the applications to be authorized. This white list contains by default all Microsoft applications, as well as those that the publisher considers trustworthy. These, moreover, do not appear and cannot therefore be removed from the list. On the day an application you are using is blocked, simply go to this menu, click on “Add an authorized application” and select the corresponding executable. This is usually located in the “Program Files (x86)” folder at the root of drive C.
When an application is blocked, it cannot create or modify a file in protected folders. Such an action generates a more or less understandable error alert, as well as a message in the notification center (located at the bottom right). This way, you will be informed.
Discover ex0-sys.net for better protection of your files on the net
This Swiss company offers you a very reliable and practical solution to implement to ensure better protection of all your data on the Internet. It uses the most advanced technologies to ensure that you are always as protected as possible against the various attacks on your computer. This software will allow you to quickly increase the security of your mailbox, your files and others.
With these protection methods, you can be more confident against the various software and others that are trying to attack your PC. However, you must always be very careful and having a good level of security is always very important, which is why Alpha-Tav-Vault software is an excellent simple but very effective method for protecting all your files and data on the Internet.